Please update your Flash player to see this menu.
SoCal Christmas Fun 2012!
Southern California family Christmas activities!
In the slide show above, you're viewing pictures of exciting Southern California Christmas attractions which are taking place this December. You'll find some of SoCal's top family holiday events listed on this page...some FREE, and others requiring a fee. (But, not all of the events going on in greater LA can be listed here...wow, wouldn't THAT be a daunting task!) However, you WILL find more seasonal activities on this page than you can possibly attend!
Christmas Countdown 2012: December Events
SoCal Family Holiday Activities on the weekend of December 1st and 2nd, 2012December 1, 2012 (Saturday)
*The City of Burbank's Tree Lighting Ceremony and holiday festival take place tonight! The Burbank tree lighting ceremony starts at 6 pm by City Hall. (The Burbank City Hall address is 275 East Olive Avenue in Burbank, CA.) Next, the evening's other activities begin...one of which is a photo session with Santa! You can also enjoy live music, children's face painting and other fun. For further details, please consult the Downtown Burbank official website.
* Dana Point: Bring the whole family to Dana Point's Boat Rides with Santa! On Saturday & Sunday, December 1 & 2, 2012 from 10 am until 2 pm, you'll get an opportunity to spend time with Santa as he takes a break from the North Pole...to enjoy Southern California boat rides! Set your course for the Dana Whart Sportfishing Docks! Believe it or not, this exciting activity is free of charge...although a $3 donation to the El Camino Real Jr. Women's Club would be appreciated. Boats depart every 20 minutes! For further info, please consult this Dana Wharf official website
* Del Mar: Holiday Wonderland in downtown Del Mar Village is today! This metro San Diego holiday event on Sunday, December 1, 2012 includes a large gift bazaar, a trackless train, live music, crafts, face painting, bounce houses, balloon twisters...and even horse-drawn carriage rides. The street fair celebration lasts from 2 pm until 5 pm...but then continues with music and a tree lighting ceremony. Tickets required for activities. You may visit the www.DelMarMainStreet.com website for further details.
* La Habra: Have Breakfast with Santa at the La Habra Children's Museum! (Address: 301 S Euclid St, La Habra.) Not only will you enjoy your favorite breakfast foods, but your kids will also enjoy holiday craft-making, photos with Santa Claus, and admission to the regular museum exhibits. For ticket information and to make a reservation, call 562/905-9647. Seatings will be held Saturday, December 1, 2012 and Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 8:30 am, 9:45 am and 11 am. You may visit the La Habra Children's Museum website for more information about both the museum and its schedule of activities.
* Long Beach: The traditional Belmont Shores Christmas Parade is tonight, Saturday, December 1, 2012. Head to 2nd Street in the Belmont Shores neighborhood of Long Beach between 6 and 9 pm to enjoy this family festival...but it's even better if you arrive early to get a parking place and a good parade-watching spot. Please see the Belmont Shores official website for further details.
* Long Beach--Breakfast with Santa at Shoreline Village! What kid doesn't love Santa Claus! And what family doesn't want to help sick children in the community? Combine a meal with Santa with the chance to raise money for the Miller Children's Hospital by attending this exciting holiday event at Parkers Lighthouse! Come spend the morning of Saturday, December 1, 2012 between 8 am and 11 am at Shoreline Village, and enjoy this fun event. Ticket prices are $8.95 for adults and $6.95 for kids under age 12. (Santa arrives at 9 am.) You may visit the www.ShorelineVillage.com official website for details.
* Oxnard: Celebrate the season on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at Oxnard's Christmas Parade! Head to Ventura County for this 10 am event which takes place along "A" street in Oxnard. You'll enjoy bands, classic cars, and skillful equestrian riders at this fun family activity. Need further info about this event? Or, would you like to discover other Oxnard holiday activities? Please see the Events page of the www.VisitOxnard.com website for further details and to discover other Oxnard holiday events.
* Palm Springs: It's time again for the Palm Springs Festival of Lights Parade! The sights on Palm Canyon Drive will REALLY make you "ooh and ahh" tonight as beautifully lit and decorated floats make their procession down the street, accompanied by holiday music...and even SNOW! Head to Downtown Palm Springs (between Tamarisk & Ramon) by 5:45 pm on Saturday, December 1, 2012 to keep from missing out on the fun. Want further info? You may view the parade's official website at www.psfestivaloflights.com
* San Juan Capistrano: On Saturday, December 1, 2012, you may enjoy "Christmas at the Mission," a celebration on the beautiful grounds of historic Mission San Juan Capistrano. You'll find a nativity scene, music, entertainment, and refreshments. The Mission San Juan Capistrano address is 26801 Ortega Hwy in San Juan Capistrano, just several blocks west of I-5. You may visit the Events page of the mission's website to find out details about this fun family Christmas activity. Plus, you may find out about still MORE family Christmas activities today in San Juan Capistrano by visiting the Zoomars Petting Zoo website. * San Diego: All month long, you can have some Christmas-themed fun at the Hotel del Coronado Holiday festival! You may go skating on a lovely seasonal ice rink (which opened in November), view beautiful decorations and enjoy holiday activities which include Hotel del Coronado's holiday meals and daily Victorian Tea! Please contact 619/522-8815 to learn more about this super San Diego event, or visit the www.hoteldel.com official website.
December 2, 2012 (Sunday)
* Dana Point: Boat rides with Santa continue at the Dana Wharf today! Time, 10 am to 2 pm. Price, FREE (though a $3 donation is appreciated.) See listing above for December 1st.
* La Habra: The popular seasonal event, Breakfast with Santa. continues today at the La Habra Children's Museum! See Saturday's listing above for details.
* La Jolla: Sunday, December 2, 2012 is the date for this year's La Jolla Christmas Parade and Holiday Festival! You'll see floats, bands, equestrian units and vintage vehicles...plus Santa Claus himself! The La Jolla Christmas Parade begins at 2 pm. A holiday festival follows the parade from 3:30 pm to 5 pm at the La Jolla Rec Center. AND, there's a holiday tree lighting at 4:30 pm, as well! Please see the www.LJparade.com official website for the complete scoop on this memorable Southern California holiday event.
SoCal Family Holiday Celebrations from December 7th, 8th & 9th, 2012December 8, 2012 (Saturday)
* Burbank: Have Breakfast with Santa! On Saturday, December 8, 2012, you can stay busy with family holiday activities in Burbank, California! From 8:30 am to 10 pm, bring the kids the Food Court at the Burbank Town Center mall to see Jolly Old St Nick himself! Along with breakfast, you'll enjoy holiday music, games and fun! Breakfast with Santa tickets are $10 each...and you may make reservations by calling 818-238-5300. Visit the www.downtown-burbank.org website for details about the Santa Breakfast and other Burbank holiday events.
* Dana Point: Bring the whole family to Dana Point's Boat Parade of Lights! On Friday, December 7 & Saturday, December 8, 2012, head to the Dana Point Harbor, where the parade begins at 7:30 pm. For further info, please consult the Dana Point Christmas event's official website (and you may read about other holiday festivities at the Dana Point Harbor, too!)
* Long Beach: This year's Long Beach tradition, the Annual Daisy Avenue Christmas Tree Lane Parade takes place Saturday, December 8, 2012 beginning at 5 pm. Head to Daisy Avenue from Hill St. to Pacific Coast Avenue to watch the action along the parade route! If you can't make it tonight, be sure to drive by Daisy Avenue (between Willow and PCH) any evening for the rest of the holiday season to check out the many lighted & decorated Christmas Trees that are the focal point of the Long Beach "Christmas Tree Lane." For further information, here is the Long Beach Special Events website.
* Long Beach: Another Long Beach tradition, the Parade of 1,000 Lights takes place Saturday, December 8, 2012 beginning at 5:30 pm. Head to Shoreline Village, where you may enjoy this popular boat parade sponsored by the Shoreline Yacht Club. For further information, here is the Long Beach Special Events website.
* Marina del Rey: The annual Marina del Rey Boat Parade will take place this year on Saturday, December 8, 2012 from 6 pm to 8 pm. Head to Fisherman's Village, where you may catch a view from various locations along the waterfront or while dining at one of the restaurants having a harbor view. For more info, please see the Marina del Rey Boat Parade website.
* San Diego: "December Nights" at Balboa Park begins! Friday, December 7, 2012 and Saturday, December 8, 2012 are the 2 dates when you'll be able to enjoy this popular San Diego Christmas activity. Balboa Park's December Nights celebration is so LARGE and so VARIED that you absolutely WON'T be capable of taking it all in! PLUS---it's FREE! Festival hours on Friday night start at 5 pm and run through 10 pm. On Saturday, December Nights activities at Balboa Park start at noon and end at 10 pm. Head to the www.BalboaPark.org official website to find out details about this popular San Diego holiday event.
* Seal Beach: For an Orange County Christmas celebration with a small-town atmosphere, try the Seal Beach Holiday Parade on Friday, December 7, 2012 The small-and-cute Seal Beach downtown is where you'll take in this 7 pm spectacle featuring bands, clowns, drill teams, floats, and (naturally!), Santa Claus. The parade will start off at the Seal Beach Pier, progress down the shop-lined Main Street, and end up at the Pacific Coast Highway. Visit the Seal Beach Chamber of Commerce website for further details.
SoCal Family Holiday Celebrations for the weekend of December 14th, 15th and 16th, 2012
* Long Beach---Naples Boat Parade! Enjoy viewing festively-decorated boats which have been lovingly adorned by the owners of these privately-owned boats. After all, it's a tradition of which they're proud! The parade hours will begin at 6 pm. For more information, here's the Long Beach Special Events website.
* Redondo Beach: The King Harbor Boat Parade takes place on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. For more information, here's the King Harbor Yacht Club website.
* Santa Ana Zoo's "Holidays with the Critters!" Head to the Santa Ana Zoo at I-5 and 4th St on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 6 pm to 8 pm for this fun nighttime celebration. Families can view lighted displays, hear holiday music, make crafts, and take train rides! You may visit the www.santaanazoo.org official website for complete details.
Southern California Holiday Events December 20-24December 20, 2012 (Wednesday)
* San Diego: Qualcomm Stadium hosts the Poinsettia Bowl! The pre-game show begins at 4:30 pm on Thursday, December 21, 2012. You won't want to miss this spectacle which features bands and a balloon parade. Also not to be missed is the half-time show featuring the college bands...and even fireworks! Kickoff time is 5 pm. You may check out all the details at PoinsettiaBowl.net
December 24, 2012 (Christmas Eve)
* The Los Angeles County Holiday Celebration takes place in downtown LA at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion this afternoon. This huge, free spectacle of the arts lasts 3 hours. The doors open at 2:30 pm, and the first performance begins at 3 pm. Visit HolidayCelebration.org for further info.
SoCal holiday activities on Christmas Day, December 25
Schedule of family activities that are open or closed on Christmas Day