Please istall Adobe Flash player to see this menu, or use text links at the end of the page.
Fun Las Vegas Family Attractions!
Terrific Animal Displays at the Mirage, MGM & Mandalay Bay Hotels
In the slide show above, you're viewing pictures of the Dolphin Habitat and Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. In this lovely setting, you will learn about these beautiful animals while spending a fun afternoon with your family.
Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
Who doesn't love dolphins?
They're cute, they enjoy humans, and they always have smiles on their faces! And, if you ARE a dolphin enthusiast, you can enjoy watching these graceful animals right here in the Las Vegas desert! At the Mirage Hotel on the famous Las Vegas Strip, you'll find a spectacularly lovely attraction called "Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat."
The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat are a "pay-one-price-for-both" pair of family attractions. They sit side-by-side at the back of the Mirage Hotel. You may even have stayed at the Mirage before without noticing them. But family travelers to Las Vegas will definitely want to find Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden...and put it on their "must-do" list of attractions!
The centerpiece of the Mirage Dolphin Habitat in Las Vegas is a 2 1/2 MILLION gallon pool where their 7 playful dolphins live and swim. You'll be able to observe the dolphins from either above the water OR from below-water-level viewing areas. And, of course, you'll want to do both!
Along with the dolphin-viewing and photographing, you'll learn information about "dolphins in general" and also "THESE dolphins, in particular." It so happens that all of these dolphins were captive born and bred...some of them right here at the Mirage's Dolphin Habitat.
Unlike at SeaWorld San Diego, you won't be able to see shows of the dolphins doing tricks. These dolphins are left alone to "do their own thing" naturally, and haven't been trained to perform. Nevertheless, dolphins are playful animals, and you just might be lucky enough to catch the dolphins doing tricks spontaneously!
Swim with the Dolphins in Las Vegas!
Are you feeling wealthy? Well, then you could enroll in the Mirage Resort's Dolphin Trainer for a Day Program. You'll actually be able to get into the water with the dolphins for play and training sessions! The Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage Hotel charges a whopping $550 a day to take part in this program...but you'll come away with memories that will last a lifetime.
Just as at San Diego's SeaWorld, you'll get to work directly with the dolphin handlers and learn all about dolphin behavior in the wild---what dolphins eat, their predators, their habitat range, etc. You'll get to help prepare the dolphin's food and get to help feed the dolphins, too. And OF COURSE you'll get to swim with the dolphins!
As a souvenir for your very memorable day playing with dolphins, you'll receive a CD of photos (which they'll take of you with the dolphins throughout the day) at no extra charge.
Are you interested in swimming with the dolphins at the Mirage in Las Vegas? For complete information about this program, here's a link to the Trainer for a Day Program info page from the Dolphin Habitat's website.
Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden info
After viewing the Dolphin Habitat, you'll head to the very back of the Mirage property to enter Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden. As you can tell by viewing the slide show at the top of this page, you will see beautiful white tigers...and even rare "white lions," too! Other animals are available for viewing in the habitat, but the eyes of the crowd follows the famous felines here most closely. In the gift shop, you'll be able to find white tiger souvenirs by which you may remember your visit.
Contact information for the Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage Hotel Resort---
* Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat Address 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109 (This is near the intersection of Las Vegas Blvd and Spring Mountain Rd.)
* Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat phone number--- Local phone number (702) 791-7188
* Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat Hours of Operation--- Monday through Friday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturdays and Sundays: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
* Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat prices: As of January, 2013, Adult admission is $19.95 per person. Kids ticket prices: Ages 4 - 12 cost $15.53; and babies & toddlers age 3 and under are admitted free of charge.
* Secret Garden discounts: You'll get a $3 per person discount if you're either a Mirage Hotel guest or a Nevada resident. You may claim your discount at the ticket booth by presenting appropriate proof of eligibility. Or, you may choose to get a Secret Garden Annual Pass. For just a little more than the price of 2 visits, you may return again and again to this enchanting oasis of tranquility amid the hustle and bustle of the city.
* Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat website: For further information about the specific animals you'll see, and get answers to other questions you might have, here's a link to the Secret Garden website.
The Mandalay Bay Shark Reef
In the slide show above, you're viewing pictures of Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef. This exciting and well-decorated attraction features a series of aquarium exhibits. The "stars" of the show aren't even sharks...but the attraction's collection of rare golden crocodiles from Thailand (which appear one or two at a time.)
The VERY attractive Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay Hotel Resort is another must-see Las Vegas family attraction for animal lovers. Sharks aren't the only animals that you'll discover here, either. Mandalay Bay's rare golden crocodiles, slithering monitor lizards, piranha tank, fragile jellyfish and touch-able rays will touch your sense of wonder, as well!
The Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef features over 2,000 animals representing about 1200 different species of aquatic life. At Mandalay's Shark Reef, you'll see---
* Sharks! (Of course!) You'll view them in huge aquarium exhibits...and even walk through a "shark tunnel" where they'll be swimming on all sides!
If you didn't realize it, not all sharks are big and ferocious...and the Mandalay shark exhibits have many of the smaller sharks in their tanks, too.
* Fish---You'll see more fish species than would fit into a list! You'll find both fresh and saltwater fish in the various Mandalay Bay aquariums. One special aquarium tank is devoted to the piranha exhibit! (The staff has to feed the piranhas 3 times a day---just to keep them from EATING EACH OTHER! Don't stick your fingers in there!)
* Reptiles---The "pride and joy" of the Mandalay Bay's reptile exhibit are their 5 Thai "Golden" crocodiles...and with good reason! These golden crocodiles are VERY rare! In fact, the golden crocodiles on display at the Mandalay Shark Reef are the only golden crocs on display in the entire Western Hemisphere!
In addition to the rare crocodiles, you'll see other reptiles such as green sea turtles and water monitors...relatives of the fearsome Komodo Dragon.
* Aquatic invertebrates---Examples of these animals would be the eels, the rays and the jellyfish. In addition to seeing these animals inside of the aquarium tanks, you'll be able to get some "up close & personal" time with the rays, hermit crabs...and even some small sharks...at the Touch Pool!
If you come on a weekday morning, you just might see a school group touring the Shark Reef. Of course, with such a world-class exhibit (developed in association with the world-famous Vancouver Aquarium, and accredited by the American Zoo and Aquarium Association!), you'd certainly expect that local school children would love to come here---and they do!
Then, to enhance YOUR education about sharks and the other sea creatures that you'll observe here, YOU'LL get to here interesting tidbits about the various animals on display...right as you walk along. Each admission includes an audio tour...which means that when you reach various stations along your self-tour, you can hear an informational blurb about what you're seeing. It's more fun than just reading the exhibit signs alone!
Got a question? There are highly trained employees stationed by the various exhibits, just for YOU! They'll answer any further questions that you might have...and they do know A LOT about these sea creatures!
Here's the contact information you may need for this Las Vegas family attraction---
***Mandalay Bay Shark Reef address---3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd.Las Vegas, NV 89109
* Mandalay Bay Shark Reef telephone number--- Local phone number, (702) 632-4555
* Mandalay Bay Shark Reef hours of operation--- Sundays thru Thursdays: 10 am to 8 pm Fridays and Saturdays: 10 am to 10 pm Last admission allowed is 1 hour prior to closing time
* Mandalay Bay Shark Reef Admission Ticket Prices as of Jan, 2013--- Adults---$18 Children ages 5--12---$12 Children ages 4 and under---FREE!
* Shark Reef discounts: If you're a Nevada resident, you'll receive a discount of several dollars off the price of your admission tickets. Not a resident? Anyone may choose to get a Shark Reef annual pass. For slightly more than the cost of 2 visits, you may enjoy the lovely and exciting Shark Reef all year long. Also, groups of 20 or more people can get a discount and make reservations by calling 702-632-4555 in advance of your visit.
For further information about this exciting Las Vegas family attraction, you may use the following link to view the Shark Reef Aquarium website.